Meet Dr. James Howie BVetMed MRCVS, our in-house vet ready to answer all of your most common questions about the ingredients in YuMOVE Joint Care Dog Supplements (previously YuMOVE Dog).
As the leading joint supplement for dogs in the UK and now available in the USA (manufactured also in the USA), we make sure to use the very best natural ingredients to keep your dog on the go - every day.
Want to try the best joint supplements for dogs (in our humble opinion)? Take a look at our dog joint supplements, with a range of joint support for all ages!
Q: Why have you developed a joint supplement for dogs?
A: “We wanted to make the best joint supplement for dogs. We’re a company of dog lovers and dog owners who really, truly want to help dog’s live happier, healthier and more active lives! We started the business because we believed that our canine friends deserved only the best. In fact, it was when our Co-Founder tried all of the joint care supplements on the market for his beloved chocolate lab, Charlie, that led to believe that pet supplements could be better.”
Q: Why should I choose YuMOVE joint supplements?
A: “YuMOVE has been a huge success – it works in just 6 weeks* – and that’s because of the ingredients we use and the fact that we’re always looking for ways to improve our joint supplement, so that we can help you, help your dog. YuMOVE uses the highest quality natural** ingredients and it’s as easy for you to give to your dog as it’s tasty. We receive a lot of positive feedback from our customers – why not check out our Trustpilot reviews?”
Q: I think my senior dog is getting stiffer as he ages. What will help him?
A: “YuMOVE! Our sustainably sourced ActivEase® Green Lipped Mussel is packed with a high concentration of Omega -3, which eases stiff dog joints. It’s the high quality ActivEase® Green Lipped Mussel in our products which makes it so popular with our doggy-loving customers. Our special formula also uses key ingredients, like plant-based Glucosamine and natural Chondroitin, which help to support the cartilage around the joints.”
Q: What ingredients do you use in YuMOVE?
A: “We’re really proud of the quality and blend of ingredients used in our YuMOVE joint supplements, so I’m going to give you a really comprehensive run-down:
- ActivEase™ Green Lipped Mussel – Green Lipped Mussel is a shellfish, and we grow ours in a dedicated sustainable mussel bay in the clear waters around New Zealand. Green Lipped Mussel is used extensively in human joint supplements because it is naturally nutrient-dense which is great for stiffening joints. Our ActivEase™ Green Lipped Mussel is the highest source of special Omega-3s and contains significantly more Omega-3 than other green lipped mussel powder.
YuMOVE fact: Our unique vacuum extraction method retains more of the essential Omega-3 oils than most other extraction methods, so your dog gets a concentrated source of goodness in every YuMOVE joint supplement.
- Glucosamine – This is often found in various dog joint supplements as it’s naturally present in the body and provides the building blocks of the cartilage which protects the joint. As your dog’s joints become stiff, adding a joint supplement, like YuMOVE, that includes specially formulated Glucosamine for dogs can help keep the joints active.
YuMOVE fact: We use 98.8% pure Glucosamine from a stable, vegetarian source that is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Chondroitin –This ingredient is often paired with Glucosamine in joint supplements for dogs, to help support the performance of the supplement. Chondroitin is also found naturally in ActivEase® Green Lipped Mussel and helps with active cartilage support. It is also an absorption aid, helping the supplement to be as beneficial as possible to your dog.
YuMOVE fact: Because our Chondroitin comes from our own ActivEase™ Green Lipped Mussel bay, you can be confident it’s coming from a sustainable, well-managed source.
- Vitamins C and E– These are essential antioxidants that neutralize free radicals. Free radicals are unstable atoms that can damage cells, so it’s good to keep them under control as your dog ages.
- Manganese – This is a mineral that’s normally found in foods like nuts, seeds and leafy vegetables. It’s an important nutrient that’s widely used in pet and human joint supplements.
YuMOVE fact: Manganese supports cartilage, tendon and ligament health - so it’s an important ingredient in YuMOVE.
- Hyaluronic Acid– In its natural form, is a major part of the cushioning fluid in your dog’s joints. We’ve added it to our supplements to help lubricate the joint and aid joint function.
YuMOVE fact: YuMOVE is the only joint supplement using Hyaluronic Acid - it reaches the joint within two hours of taking the supplement.
To find out more about the make-up and benefits of our joint supplements, check out the full YuMOVE range for dogs online. Or head to our Instagram or Facebook pages.
*Study conducted by Royal Veterinary College. Data on file.
Over 90% of the ingredients are derived solely from plant, animal or mined sources having been subject to physical processing (such as heat processing, purification, extraction, hydrolysis, enzymolysis or fermentation).